+34 636 16 13 20 info@madridmobility.com

All residents in Spain are required by law to register at their town hall. The town hall
registration is used by the government for statistical studies, but will also allow the
expatriate to have access to the town hall services (sports, hospitals etc.). This document
is also required for your household goods move customs clearance, car registration, and
social security health card.
Each town hall may have a different process.


  • Original passport,
  • Residency certificate (In some town halls only).
  • Rental contract of your home or the ownership title.


In most of the cases the town hall registration certificate can be obtained by an
authorized person.